Wednesday 25 September 2013

Collection Eyeshadow Stick ~ Hot Chocolate 4

 
I very rarely wear eye makeup on a daily basis (excluding mascara, natch!!) as I'm usually just on school run & PTA duties but as autumn approaches, I do like a bit of a smoky eye thing going on!  I picked up this Collection Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate 4 in Boots a couple of weeks ago when it was on offer for about £3 I think (sorry, can't remember for sure)
 
 
 
 
 
This is a gorgeous eyeshadow pencil in a slighty shimmery, dirty brown colour that is so wearable & creates a gorgeous nude eye base.  As you can see by the label, it's both waterproof & long-lasting, which I totally agree with.  However, the "blendable" part...not so much!  Don't get me wrong, this shadow has some serious staying power - I wore it for approximately 9 hours & it didn't crease, flake or disappear until I removed it but because of this, I found it impossible to blend as you'll see on the next photos.
 
 
 
 
The photo on the left is just your usual colour swatch.  The photo on the right is after I tried to blend it, approximately 30 seconds later!!  So whilst this product is excellent for it's longevity, it's nigh on impossible to blend so make sure you apply it exactly where you want it!!
 
Would I buy it again though?  Absolutely, even if only for it's amazing staying-power!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...