Friday 18 October 2013

NOTD Barry M ~ Crush matte

 
 
 
 
 
When I saw the press photos of these new matte colours that Barry M were releasing for autumn, I knew that I'd be getting this particular colour.  I've always steered away from any sort of textured or gimmicky polish as I just like the feel of shiny, glossy nails rather than a rough finish so I wasn't sure how I'd feel about these ones.
 
As always I started with the China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat, then applied 2 coats of this gorgeous colour.  It falls somewhere between red & brown with a hint of conker in there too, a true autumnal colour!  It felt a bit weird to not be applying a top coat but I have to say, I'm so, so impressed with this.  Even though it's a matte finish, it still has a slight sheen to it in the light & feels so smooth, no roughness here whatsoever which pleases me immensely! 
 
The colour is just 'me' & so far, I'm 4 days in with no wear on the tips or chips, excellent seeing as there's no top coat for protection.  I absolutely love this new release & I have to say, Barry M are fast becoming my go-to nail polish range.  Why pay £10 or more for a polish when these, in my humble opinion, offer just as good (& often better!) results for far less?  Keep up the fabulous work Barry M, I look forward to seeing what other gems you release during winter!
 
*Heads to the shops to buy more polishes!*
 
Toodles!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty colour! It looks perfect for this time of year :)

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...