Wednesday 16 April 2014

Travelling light in Marrakech

Travelling light in Marrakech

Travelling light in Marrakech by fortytherapy 


So, as I've previously mentioned, myself & two friends are going to Marrakech in September & to say I'm already ridiculously excited is a HUGE understatement!!


We had said that we'll just travel with hand luggage, which is completely doable but after talking to one of my friends the other day about it, if we do that, we're going to be seriously short of shopping space, ahem ahem!!  So we might just book one large suitcase on too & share it but just for the sake of this post, let's just pretend I'm still only taking hand luggage!!


I'll be packing clothes that can be mixed & matched with each other, which is why the above colour palette is a bit 'meh' but bear with me!  I am acutely aware of dressing appropriately whilst in Morocco, hence the long trousers, skirts & dresses.  I've put in a lightweight cardigan from H&M & a scarf from Next, both of which are light-weight enough to be folded up & kept in a bag but can be worn to cover the shoulders when needs be.


I've bought a pair of these linen trousers from Next every year for the last 5 or 6 years, they're just so easy to wear & really cool, so they're in, as is my trusty denim jacket which I can wear for travelling in & at night if it gets too cool.  


Converse are my go-to choice for flat, comfortable, sneaker-style shoes but I bought a pair of the M&S silver sandals last year & they were like slippers to wear!  Can I just point out that they look soooo much better on than the photo depicts!  I may or may not take a pair of mid-height espadrille wedges for evening wear but I'll probably just end up wearing the M&S flats, I haven't quite made my final decision yet!


A hat & cross-body bag are essentials too as are just a few pieces of jewellery, to perk up the otherwise blandness of the black outfits!  I picked up the turquoise ring & bracelet sets yesterday & they are gorgeous.  You can't go far wrong with silver & turquoise jewellery in my humble opinion.....


Lastly, I'll pick up one of these super light-weight cabin bags in Matalan this week to match the super light-weight matching case I bought a fortnight ago!  And I am going to make it my mission to purchase this camera before we go away too!  I saw it the other day & absolutely fell in love with it (I know, I know, it's just a camera!!) but I may just have to sell my soul to be able to afford the damn thing!!


I will of course also be packing a stomach-covering tankini & sarong for when we just feel like lazing around the pool & going for a dip because it WILL be hot & it WILL be sunny!  As an after-thought, can I just point out that I know the zebra maxi dress is technically a maternity dress, but if it comes in regular sizes, I'll be straight on it!  If not, I'll probably get the maternity version anyway, I'm not fussy......!!


Next up will be a post on how to pack light, cosmetics & toiletries so watch this space!





2 comments:

  1. I think you've nailed it! Its fab collection & the scarf will come in so useful as its not too thick & you can just wrap it around your shoulders when you feel the need! I never went out without a scarf in Tunisia & they saved me many a time! I would say that you will find some gorgeous jewellery whilst there so don't take too much with you but you are right...turquoise is perfect for the summer/holidays! The black maxi is stunning! Where is it from?! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beaut isn't it?! I spotted it in Monsoon the other day, I *might* just have to go back next week for a closer look, lol!!

      Silver jewellery will be top of my shopping list whilst I'm there so 1 ring & 1 bracelet will do until I get there ;)

      I'm just back from town & have to say, H&M have got some amazing pieces in at the minute, perfect light-weight throw-ons :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...