Saturday 28 March 2015

Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara


So it's no secret that I like a bit of oomph from my mascaras & I loved the sample of Roller Lash by Benefit that I had in last month's Elle magazine (reviewed here.) but I'll be honest, I don't like forking out nearly £20 on one!  I kept reading online that the new-ish Maybelline Lash Sensational was a very good dupe for the Roller Lash, I though I'd give it a shot for £7.99.



It's the familiar Maybelline bullet shaped packaging, which I'm not that fond of as I find them too bulky & has a similar curved wand with much shorter plastic bristles on the inner curve.  Whilst I find the wand grips the lashes really well, it's probably not quite as good as the Roller Lash wand but it still does a fantastic job!  It just takes a bit of practise to learn which side of the brush is best for what.


This is a side-by-side comparison to the roller Lash wand.  Maybelline is on the left & as you can see, is quite a bit fatter so there is a tendancy for a bit of smudging on the lids - nothing a cotton bud can't sort out though!  You can see the results below.....





This was just with one coat so it's pretty impressive & is my mascara of the moment I think - well, until I crack open my Lancôme Hypnôse that I have stashed away for my holiday!  My daughter loves this mascara too & it's getting great reviews online.  It doesn't smudge during the day & removes easily without next-day-panda-eyes *punches the air!*

Have you tried Lash Sensational yet?




7 comments:

  1. I love this mascara Sarah - brilliant for the price! It looks great on you - you have good lashes anyway! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously impressed with it Jenny, such good value especially if you get it on 3 for 2! X

      Delete
  2. Ooohhh fabulous, Sarah! I'm really fussy about mascara. I only wear No.7 but this looks great. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think No 7 is the only brand mascara I've never tried! I'll give it a go next time Boots do their money off vouchers, lol! X

      Delete
  3. It looks great! I am always on the look out for good mascaras so will definitely give this a try. Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I am always on the look out for good mascaras so will definitely give this a try. Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I am always on the look out for good mascaras so will definitely give this a try. Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...