Friday 17 July 2015

The nip/tuck debate!

So we all know about the dinner-party rule of no discussing religion, politics or money but I've discovered a fourth no-go topic - cosmetic surgery!

I was with a group of friends the other week & somehow, the conversation turned to cosmetic surgery & there was a real divide in opinions on it.  Personally, I've never really had a problem with cosmetic surgery as there's usually a very good reason for wanting it done....I just like it when it's well done - and by that, I mean subtly & not over-done!  For example, Sharon Osbourne looked absolutely amazing around 9/10 years ago but now, I personally think that the surgery has been too overdone & she's starting to take on the stretched but pillowy look, prevalent in so many celebrities.  (I still love her though but please stop now!!)  I could have chosen many, many examples of people to show here, this is most definitely not a personal attack on Mrs O at all.

Photos taken in 2004, 2010 & 2014 from Google.

As I get older I'm becoming more aware of the tiny lines starting to appear on my face & yes, I've thought many times about getting a wee bit of Botox, which I think can be amazing, again when not overused leaving that waxy, vacant expression!  I've seen some very good results from Botox but I've also seen some very obvious, not-so-good applications that would have left me horrified if it had happened to me.

But is Botox seen as a big deal these days?  To me, it's still kind of a big deal - anything being injected into your body has got to be, surely?  But as much as I think I could do it, I'm not sure if I actually would....I'm a bit of a scaredy cat!  I really wish however, that these younglings would stop getting it done at the age of 20, that's just ridiculous unless it's for medical reasons.  Shame on the practitioners doing it too!

Seriously though, if the aforementioned scaredy factor wasn't so high, I would love to get my boobs done. Not enlarged, hell no, quite the opposite!  I would like to get a breast reduction with a serious uplift!  This is the downside to naturally large breasts - big = heavy & heavy = rapidly heading south :(. However, unless a lottery win is in the pipeline, this won't happen!  And even then, I'm not sure I'd have the guts to go through with such a massive surgical procedure even though I'd gain great relief & have a lot less back & shoulder ache with smaller boobs!

This is a totally random, waffly post but what are your thoughts on cosmetic surgery?  Are you quite au fait with the idea, have you had anything done or are you vehemently against it?  It's been a long time since a discussion subject was quite so emotive amongst my friends!


10 comments:

  1. Personally? Never in a million years! I agree with you that the problem is that people start with stuff like botox before they really need it. At this stage, it's just enhancing their natural look, but once they get to the point where they need a few lines and wrinkles to look normal, it's too late and they just look ridiculous. Two faces that spring to mind are Nicole Kidman and Kylie. They both look incredibly - ahem - well preserved for their respective ages. Almost too well preserved... ;-D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree about NK & Kylie, I don't know why they keep denying it!! There are so many celebs that all have this unnatural waxy look that's just....odd! x

      Delete
  2. Nope I couldn't do it Sarah - dreamed about having a boob job for years (for the opposite reasons!) but I'm far too chicken and now it doesn't seem to bother me so much! Couldn't do the Botox either - don't like needles! Agree with you on the Sharon thing - not a fan of that 'stretched out look'! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousin has Botox, tiny amounts & it looks great but as much as I consider it, it's still the needle thing that worries me - and the botulism of course! ;) x

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted a nose job after breaking it as a child & still might one day but the thought of going under for vanity purposes does scare me! Maybe we should tell Mrs. Osborne to try Vichy products! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, I'd love to know what skincare she actually uses! I'm more afraid of the general anaesthetic than the actual surgery I think but I really don't think it's going to happen in my lifetime! x

      Delete
  4. I've not had anything done but I'm not against it if I had the money. Having two children has taken it's toll on my boobs and I need a crane to lift them into my bra so would totally consider having an uplift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 'whatever makes you happy' and it's the surgeon or good practitioner that is in control of how you look. If I money to spend on it then I'd probably have it all done but not yet. For now I'm happy with a little subtle botox. It must be subtle because my Mum and Sister didn't even notice when I had it done for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the sort I like, subtle but effective!! And I totally agree, it's whatever makes you happy.x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...